Purchase hard copy here
Water balloons is a passing and catching activity that promotes soft hands when catching
3 - 4, 5 - 6, Skill Development
- Marker cones
- Filled water balloons
- Divide your group into pairs facing each other along 2 lines with 1 player in each pair given a filled water balloon.
- The objective is to throw the water balloon between each pair.
- On each successful catch, the players each take 1 step back.
- If the balloon breaks, players sit at the spot and wait until the last balloon has broken.
- The pair with the greatest distance between them wins.
Progression to balls of various sizes
- Use larger balls, set distances
- Use smaller balls, set distances
- The use of water balloons is to promote soft hands when catching
- What can we do with our hands to stop the balloon from breaking?