Purchase hard copy here
Eggs in a basket can be used as a high-energy warm-up that requires agility. A good lead–in to fielding games.
3 - 4, Warm Up
Catching, Locomotor Movement, Teamwork, Throwing
- 4 marker cones per group
- 1 foam ball or bean bag per player
- Mark out an area with 4 cones and place all balls in the centre.
- Players line up behind each cone.
- On a signal, the first person from each team runs to the centre and picks up a ball to throw to the next person in line.
- Once the ball is caught and placed beside the team, the catcher runs to the centre repeating the process until all the balls are gone.
- The aim is to be the first team that retrieves the most balls.
- Increase the size of the balls
- Players roll the balls to the next person in line
- Increase the distance to the centre of the cones
- Vary the type of throw, fly ball, underarm, overarm
- Use a no-go zone to separate players
- What type of throw is the most accurate?